TERMS & CONDITIONS
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- When you submit an order to purchase a product from us, your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in paragraph (d) below.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation. Any products forming part of the same order which we have not confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation do not form part of that contract.
- All products shown on our website are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply you with the products, for example because that product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our website as referred to in clause 3(e), we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
- Without prejudice to clause 2(e) above, please note that all watches will remain on our website and will be available for sale to another customer until you have paid a deposit to us.
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. Your products may vary slightly from those images.
- In the case of products sold without accompanying paperwork, the age listed on the website is an estimate only. While this estimate has been given in good faith, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made by us in relation to the accuracy of this information. Please note that in the case of watches sold with paperwork, the age of the watch is the date that the warranty is officially stamped by the retailer: this is not the date of manufacture, which may be significantly earlier.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the products will be set out in our online system that is specific for your order. Our prices may change at any time, but price changes will not affect orders that we have confirmed with you.
- The prices quoted on our website are in USD. You will be responsible for the exchange rate and you are advised that refunds may be affected by such exchange rate.
- The prices for the products exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
- Our website contains a large number of products. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
- Where we are providing products to you, you must make payment for products in advance. In all cases we must receive full and cleared funds prior to dispatch of the products to you. We accept payment by the following methods:
- where the product’s correct price is less than the price stated on our website, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the products to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and if the products’ correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing (which include e-mail).
- Debit card: No surcharge. The watch must usually be dispatched to the billing address of the card holder.
- Credit card: 2% surcharge applies to most credit card payments. A 3% surcharge applies to American Express card payments. The watch must usually be dispatched to the billing address of the card holder.
If you are based outside of the UAE, you may also have to pay import duty or other taxes, fees and charges applied by customs or other authorities in the country of receipt. You must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the products. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. If you are unsure about whether these charges might apply to your order, you should contact your local tax or customs office for further information.
RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
- We are confident that you will be happy with the quality of the products delivered to you. Nevertheless, as a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described.
- You must inspect the products as soon after delivery as is reasonably practicable and must notify us of any defects in the products within 7 working days from the day after the date the products were delivered. You must return any defective or faulty product to us within 14 working days from the date of delivery, to allow us to inspect the watch and carry out testing if required. Provided you notify us of any defects and return the defective product (complete with box and paperwork where applicable) within the periods set out above, on confirmation by us that the product is defective we will either replace your product on a like for like basis, repair your product or we will refund your payment in full including the product’s normal postage charge usually within 14 working days of the defective product being returned to us.
- If you buy more than one product from us as part of the same transaction, and only some of these products are defective, you may return the defective products and benefit from the same remedies as described above. However, this does not entitle you to reject other non-defective products.
Our cancellation rights
- We may have to cancel an order for products before the products are delivered, for example, due to an event outside our control or the unavailability of stock. We will promptly contact you if this happens.
- If we have to cancel an order and you have made any payment in advance for products that have not been delivered to you, we will refund these amounts to you.
- Subject to the clause below, we shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with a failure by us to comply with these terms and conditions; and our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the sale of the products, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the purchase price paid by you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you, provided always that we will not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website or when you purchased an item from us.
- Nothing in the above clause shall limit or exclude our liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable); fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL
We will not be responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control including without limitation Acts of God, fire, flood, severe weather, explosion, war, act of terrorism, industrial dispute (whether or not involving Haute Horologe employees), or acts of local or central government or other competent authorities. This does not affect your statutory rights.
COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
- When we refer, in these terms and conditions, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
- If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these terms and conditions requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail at email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by e-mail. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail.
No variation of this agreement shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
- This contract is between you and us. No one other than a party to this agreement shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
- However, the benefit of any warranty with the products may be transferred to another named recipient at the time of purchase with our consent (not to be unreasonably withheld), but we and you will not need their consent to cancel or make any changes to these terms and conditions. Please see the terms and conditions applicable to our warranty for further information.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we agree to purchase your watch (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions).